Month: May 2019
With over 20 year of Graphic and print experience we have picked up a few printing tips and ideas along the way, but we still would like to hear your ideas too.
A few ideas that we will be touching on (to come) will be:
- How To Easily Setup A Retractable Rollup: Setup Banner Stand Video – Printing Tips and Instructions To Come
- How To Apply Frosted Vinyl To Glass: After Installation Video – Printing Tips and Instructions To Come
- How To Save Files With BLEED (“What the Bleep is Bleed?”)
- How To Install Stand Off Acrylic Signs: Acrylic Sign With Standoffs – Printing Tips and Instructions To Come
- How To Check If Your Artwork Is The correct Resolution
- What Is The difference Between Vector and Raster Images
- How To Cut Wind Slits in Vinyl Banners: Wind Slits In Banners Video – Printing Tips and Instructions To Come
- How To Mount Paper on Foam Board With No Issues
- How to do 1 arm push ups – Video To Come
- How To Paint Your Business Card Edges Yourself
Please share your ideas and like the videos on YouTube.
How to Setup Bleed (“what the Bleep is Bleed?”)
I can’t tell you how many times I have asked designers to add .125 bleed and many ask “What is Bleed?”.
Bleed is added so that when we trim the printed stack of paper there will not be a white boarder or line left on the edge.
Bleed must extend past the cut-line and will be trimmed from the product during the final cutting phase.
When the image is required to extend all the way to the edge, bleed is needed to preserve the finished look and the quality of the final product.
Please keep all text at least 0.125″ inside the cut-line.